Sat, Aug 18|
Region of Waterloo Operations Centre
Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) (Aug 18)
$140 for one course, $40 deposit required upon registration.
Time & Location
Aug 18, 2018, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Region of Waterloo Operations Centre, 100 Maple Grove Rd, Cambridge, ON N3H 4R7, Canada
About The Event
Saturday, August 18th, 2018
In order to apply for a Possession and Acquisition Licence, this course is mandatory for first-time license applicants and in court-ordered cases.
Applicants must be age 12 or above.. No prior firearms experience necessary. $40 deposit required.
Topics covered include:
• the evolution of firearms, major parts, types and actions;
• basic firearms safety practices;
• operating firearm actions;
• safe handling and carry procedures;
• firing techniques and procedures;
• care of non-restricted firearms;
• responsibilities of the firearms owner/user; and,
• safe storage, display, transportation and handling of non-restricted firearms.
*A written and practical test will follow the lecture at the end of day, this can take up to approximately two hours, please schedule yourself accordingly.*
The days are long so you may want to bring a snack; there are vending machines in the building. The building is climate controlled therefore you may want to bring a light covering for comfort.
*DO NOT BRING FIREARMS OR AMMUNITION TO CLASS*
*Please provide payment in cash on the date of the course.
*If you’re going to be late or cannot attend the class please advise within 72hrs.*
*Please provide Proof of your Non-Restricted course completion i.e. paperwork or PAL, if you are registered for Restricted only
*Please avoid wearing strong Scents/fragrances/perfumes in the classroom setting that may affect those with allergies.