Sun, Sep 19|
CRFSC Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course
$170 if you are taking just the Restricted, $110 if you are taking the Restricted back-to-back immediately after completing the non-restricted. A $50 per person deposit required upon registration
Time & Location
Sep 19, 2021, 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Accelerator Center, 295 Hagey Blvd, Waterloo, ON West-Entrance N2L 6R6, Canada
About The Event
Individuals wishing to acquire restricted weapons must complete both the CFSC and CRFSC courses, and pass all requisite tests.
Applicants must be age 18 or above. The non-restricted course must be completed prior to enrollment in this course. They can be completed back-to-back. $50 deposit required. If you are taking only the restricted course and your non-restricted course completion was over two years ago or you were grandfathered in from the FAC program, it is highly recommended that you attend a minimum of two hours of the non-restricted class at no extra charge starting on Saturday 8am to 5pm. You may choose to attend the first two hours, the whole class or the last two hours of class, then you complete the restricted portion on Sunday from 8am-1pm.
Topics covered include:
• the evolution of firearms, major parts, types and actions;
• basic firearms safety practices;
• operating handgun actions;
• firing techniques and procedures for handguns;
• care of restricted firearms;
• responsibilities of the firearms owner/user; and
• safe storage, display, transportation and handling of restricted firearms.
*A written and practical test will follow the lecture at the end of day, this can take approximately two hours waittime, please schedule yourself accordingly.*
The days are long so you may want to bring a snack; there is a variety store next door. The building is climate controlled therefore you may want to bring a light covering for comfort.
- Bring an appropriate mask which covers the nose and mouth. We are unable to accommodate persons who do not wish to wear a mask. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find an instructor who can accommodate your request.
*DO NOT BRING FIREARMS OR AMMUNITION TO CLASS*
*Please provide payment in cash on the date of the course.
*If you’re going to be late or cannot attend the class please advise within 72hrs.*
*Please provide Proof of your Non-Restricted course completion i.e. paperwork or PAL, if you are registered for Restricted only
*Please avoid wearing strong Scents/fragrances/perfumes in the classroom setting that may affect those with allergies.