Sat, Oct 14|
Oct 14 - CFSC Non-restricted Firearm Safety Course
$190 for one course, A $50 deposit per person is required upon registration. It will be credited toward your total once you attend.
Time & Location
Oct 14, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Operations Center, 100 Maple Grove Rd, Cambridge, ON N3H 4R7, Canada
About The Event
In order to apply for a Possession and Acquisition Licence, this course is mandatory for first-time license applicants and in court-ordered cases.
Applicants must be age 12 or older.. No prior firearms experience necessary. $50 deposit required.
Topics covered include:
• the evolution of firearms, major parts, types and actions;
• basic firearms safety practices;
• operating firearm actions;
• safe handling and carry procedures;
• firing techniques and procedures;
• care of non-restricted firearms;
• responsibilities of the firearms owner/user; and,
• safe storage, display, transportation and handling of non-restricted firearms.
*A written and practical test will follow the lecture at the end of day, this can take up to approximately two hours, please schedule yourself accordingly.*
The days are long so you may want to bring a snack; The building is climate controlled therefore you may want to bring a light covering for comfort.
- Bring an appropriate optional mask which covers the nose and mouth.
*DO NOT BRING FIREARMS OR AMMUNITION TO CLASS*
*Please provide payment in cash or e-transfer on the date of the course.
*If you’re going to be late or cannot attend the class please advise within 72hrs.*
*Please provide Proof of your Non-Restricted course completion i.e. paperwork or PAL, if you are registered for Restricted only.
*Please avoid wearing strong Scents/fragrances/perfumes in the classroom setting that may affect those with allergies.